Step 5: Operation & Maintenance (CHP O&M)
|Typical Costs:||£0.005/kilowatt-hour (kWh) - £0.015/kWh for maintenance, depending on type of equipment and operations and maintenance (O&M) procurement approach; possible cost for energy consultant to negotiate fuel purchase, depending on system size and in-house capabilities.|
|End-user level of effort required:||Varies depending on O&M procurement approach.|
Congratulations! You are now the proud owner of a combined heat and power (CHP) system, which is saving your organisation energy and money while reducing your facility's impact on the environment every hour it runs!
Now that your project is operational, take advantage of the CHP Partnership's public recognition opportunities for organizations and businesses that implement highly efficient CHP systems.
- Estimate the carbon dioxide (CO2), sulfur dioxide (SO2), and nitrogen oxides (NOx) emission benefits from your CHP system, compared to separate heat and power, with the CHP Emissions Calculator.
- Most thermally base-loaded CHP systems qualify for acknowledgement under our program and systems that have one year of operating data may apply for an award.
Alfagy also provides opportunities for customers to share their knowledge, showcase their CHP projects, and educate others about the benefits of CHP technology. These opportunities might include:
- Presenting at conferences and workshops with Alfagy
- Submitting a short article to the Alfagy website for inclusion in Alfagy newsletter
- Submitting a short article to Alfagy for inclusion on the Web site